Are you having problems with maintenance costs and downtime?
Keep your trucks and cars on the road producing revenue.
Borla® Performance is the pioneer and leading manufacturer of T-304 stainless steel performance exhaust systems and components with over 35 years of innovation, leadership, and experience. See our full product line.
When Borla® made the commitment to follow the natural evolution and seize this growth opportunity in the commercial fleet marketplace, they interviewed Fleet operators, managers, and directors.
Top Priority: Keep the vehicle out of the repair shop and on the road every day, producing revenue and serving customers
Top Three Concerns:
- Exhaust pipes, mufflers, heat shields, gaskets, and/or flanges due to
Exhaust Manifold Cracking
Corrosion of steel or aluminized steel caused by
- Internal sources: moisture and acid exposure from exhaust gases
- External sources: road salt, sodium, and magnesium chloride
- Duty cycle
- A significant and costly problem on these vehicles causing excessive downtime and maintenance expenses
- The availability of exhaust systems and components available in the marketplace for Workhorse walk-in vans, also referred to as Utilimaster and Morgan-Olson step vans, has declined, triggering the supply/demand equation
Borla®'s initial entry into the Commercial Vehicle market began with complete exhaust systems (less catalytic converters) for:
- Gasoline powered Workhorse Custom Chassis W42 and W62 delivery trucks
- Freightliner MT45 and MT55 trucks
- Corrosion resistant T-304 Stainless Steel (high quality, airplane grade)
- Mandrel bent pipes that nearly eliminate wrinkles in the material that result in stress risers and failure points
- Short tube headers that directly replace the OEM cast iron exhaust manifolds on the GM 4.8 Liter and 6.0 Liter engines used in Workhorse Custom Chassis
- Backed by our Million Mile Warranty
- We believe that once you install a Borla® Commercial exhaust systems or component is installed on a light or medium duty truck it will be the last time that it will need attention for the life of the vehicle.
Going forward Borla®'s engineering and sales team will continue to work closely with Commercial Fleet Managers. One Fleet manager said: "Borla exhaust is bulletproof."
- Better understand and correct weaknesses in design that may exist in the OEM exhaust systems
- Offer high quality, long-life components at very competitive prices
Incorporate significant design improvements to eliminate problems such as
- exhaust flange cracking
- exhaust gasket failure
- Expand the commercial fleet system offerings to include F59 and Transit Connect in 2016
In conclusion, Borla® will continue to develop and introduce more systems for light / medium duty commercial trucks and busses, while bringing clear value at competitive prices.